One Out, Five to Go: Audi teases the new RS6 Avant
Audi has released the first teaser image of what must be its upcoming RS6 Avant estate/wagon. This is the first out of six RS vehicles the German car manufacturer plans to reveal before the end of the year.
The car on the teaser pic is hidden under a cloth cover, but the design of the taillights looks identical to that of the current-gen S6 Avant (featured here on the photos and the video). We take it to be a clear indication that the concealed car is none other than the RS6. Another dead giveaway comes in the form of the characteristic roof railings we are used to seeing on other Audi station wagons.
Test mules of the Audi RS6 have repeatedly been spotted and photographed before. The official premiere of the car is scheduled for the 2019 International Motor Show Germany next month. Audi has already let it slip that the model would ship with a V8 engine fitted with dual turbochargers and rated close to 600 hp (447 kW). This sounds like the engine the RS7 Sportback currently ships with.
In all likelihood, the other premieres will be dedicated to the RS Q3 Sportback, the new RS7 Sportback, a performance modification of the Q8 SUV, and the A4 Avant.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Ford Ranger veers away from the beaten path with the FX2 Package
- 2020 Mazda CX-4 facelift is all about the looks
- Chevrolet Corvette C8 U.S. pricing announced, turns out quite the bargain
- Honda Civic hatchback gets a facelift in the USA
- Bugatti reveals pics, name of its next hypercar, schedules live premiere