Volkswagen Group Components turns the old Beetle into an EV
VW will be coming to the IAA Frankfurt show this year with an electric conversion of the vintage Beetle. Volkswagen Group Components is responsible for the project.
The show car is driven by the same powertrain as the new e-up: a single-stage gear unit, a minor electric engine and a 36.8 kWh traction battery. The nominal performance amounts to 82 hp (61 kW).
The electric Beetle needs less than four seconds to sprint from zero to 50 km/h (31 mph) and hits 80 km/h (50 mph) in another four. The driving range is estimated at 200 kilometers (124 miles).
Volkswagen Group Components says this may very well be the first in a long line of classical VW vehicles it will be converting to EVs.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Q by Aston Martin to bring new DBX accessories to the Geneva show
- Cabinet-maker builds a gorgeous €70,000 supercar for the love of his 'sunny' kid
- Audi B9 A4 gets long-awaited ABT upgrades
- Lumma spruces up the Aston Martin DBX exterior
- Новый тюнер из Германии поразил роскошным рестомодом Porsche 911