New 2020 Alpina B3 is younger and stronger than ever before
Renowned BMW tuner Alpina has shown us the next generation of its B3 estate/wagon at the opening day of the 2019 IAA Frankfurt show. The car comes with a sizeable power boost, transmission tweaks and 300 km/h (186 mph) top speed.
The updated Alpina B3 sources its power from the 3.0-liter, six-cylinder engine of the BMW M340i. Extensive chip tuning, better turbochargers and cooling increase its power from the original 375 hp (280 kW) to 462 hp (345 kW). A reinforced eight-speed automatic transmission is used to send the torque to all four wheels.
The acceleration times aren’t there to brag about, but we’d imagine them to be quite amazing, given the scale of the boost.
Pre-ordering the estate/wagon will become available in early 2020. The total production run will be limited as usual, but no specific figures are provided at the moment.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- How do you like this Nissan Serena with a queen bed?
- Netherlands dealer launches Lamborghini Gallardo Offroad
- Kahn-tuned, RHD Mercedes-Benz X-Class seeking a new owner
- Video: Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 flaunts 35-inch rims in wide-cut fenders
- Kahn Design unveils another take on its 2018 Range Rover SVR Pace Car kit