Porsche 911 makes a good camping vehicle, apparently
Mr. Brock, from the United States, decided to remodel his Porsche 911 Carerra 4S into a camping-friendly sports car. It has been nearly two months since he, his wife and his dog set off on a journey across the country – and everything seems to be going well.
The man admits he had originally intended to adopt a Range Rover for the task, which does indeed seem like a more reasonable thing to do. However, it unexpectedly turned out that the roof of the powerful SUV couldn’t support a camping tent without costly upgrades.
It was then that Brock decided to try to put the tent on his sports coupe. Amazingly enough, it turned out a perfect fit, even without any further mods.
According to the man, the sports car has since been to the woods, the coast and the desert – and has fared quite well so far, mostly due to its sophisticated all-wheel drive system.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR delivers 480 hp, 610 Nm with the latest MTM kit
- Latest Mercedes G63 AMG gets H&R spring kit
- JCB drives its Fastrac tractor straight into the Guinness Book at 241 km/h
- Ford GT40 from Ford vs. Ferrari movie goes up on sale
- Few all-terrain vehicles look as brutally efficient as this BMW X7 4×4