Video: Unique 1,800-HP Porsche 911 ‘Rocket’ crashes during test
German tuner 9FF has done the impossible with the 911 Turbo S, turning it into a furious ride with 1,800 horsepower (1,342 kilowatts) under the hood.
Unlike most sports cars, this particular vehicle reveals itself not as well in the 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) launch test, as it does later on. Specifically, it takes three seconds to get from 100 to 200 km/h (62 – 124 mph) and only four more seconds to hit 300 km/h (186 mph).
However, something went terribly wrong this time around. The owner decided to test his ride on a runway. Once the car hit 365 km/h (226.8 mph), he belatedly realized he had too little room left for braking. In the end, the Rocket departed from the tarmac and plowed into a field.
The hay softened the impact, leaving the unlucky driver alive and – hopefully – in good enough health. The car, on the other hand, is now looking forward to a lengthy complete restoration.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR delivers 480 hp, 610 Nm with the latest MTM kit
- Latest Mercedes G63 AMG gets H&R spring kit
- JCB drives its Fastrac tractor straight into the Guinness Book at 241 km/h
- Ford GT40 from Ford vs. Ferrari movie goes up on sale
- Few all-terrain vehicles look as brutally efficient as this BMW X7 4×4