€149 buys you a Jaguar I-Pace ride on the ‘Ring
The all-electric Jaguar I-Pace crossover/SUV has been added to the ‘racing taxi’ pool of the famed Nürburgring Circuit in Germany. In November, all those willing to book a Nordschleife ride with a professional racecar driver can do so for €149.
The price includes one full lap, which is 20 kilometers (12.42 miles) long. Jaguar believes this promotional campaign will help prospective buyers get better acquainted with the EV. It emphasizes that the rides will be available in all weather conditions.
The I-Pace Ring Taxi comes powered by an electric motor duo rated at 400 hp (300 kW) and 696 Nm (513 pound-feet) of torque. A 90-kilowatt-hour battery gives it 480 kilometers (300 miles) of WLTP-rated range. The standard 0-100 launch is a matter of 4.8 seconds, and the top speed stays capped at 200 km/h (124 mph).
A Jaguar XE SV Project 8 entered the ‘Ring car pool last year. Trimmed to the top specification, the sedan/saloon packs a supercharged V8 engine that delivers up to 600 hp (447 kW) to the wheels and takes it from zero to 100 km/h (60 mph) in 3.5 seconds.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- African monarch treats his family to $16M worth of luxury cars
- Video: Watch Ken Block drive his Hoonitruck round the 99 Bends and up to the Heaven’s Gate
- Tesla’s newest Cybertruck pickup might be hiding in the logo lettering
- Audi R8 vs. G 63 AMG vs. Quadcopter vs. RC Car: The Unlikely Drag Race
- FCA dealerships call foul play on the carmaker