Video: Watch Ken Block drive his Hoonitruck round the 99 Bends and up to the Heaven’s Gate
Ken Block has released the full eight-minute-long Climbhana footage of his rapid ascension to the pinnacle of the Tianmen Mountain, China.
The serpentine mountainous racetrack measures nearly 1,520 meters (5,000 ft.) long and consists of 99 sharp curves. The Heaven’s Gate at the top is a worldwide famous landmark and a place of worship for the locals.
Block used his custom-made pickup named Hoonitruck for the race. Armed with the 3.5-liter Ford GT engine boosted to 927 horsepower (691 kilowatts), it sends the power to the wheels by means of a Sadev six-speed sequential gear.
Block’s first-ever Climbhana video came out two years ago, when he raced to the top of the Pikes Peak Mountain in Colorado, USA, driving a 1,400-hp (1,044-kW) ‘Hoonicorn’ muscle car.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Fiat 124 Spider says farewell to Europe, other markets likely to follow
- Chevrolet Suburban makes it onto the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Prince Charles’ Aston Martin goes up on sale with 500hp, sugar bowl inside
- Want a second seat for your Porsche 935? Get $10,000 ready!
- Bentley celebrates 100 years by planting 100 trees