The Pirelli ADAS is a 5G-powered tire monitoring system
Tire manufacturer Pirelli has attended the 5G Path of Car-to-Everything Show with ADAS, a sophisticated tire monitoring system that can tell the car what kind of road surface quality to expect.
The company used a test vehicle and a simulated road environment to demonstrate the main operating principles of the new system. According to Pirelli, the ADAS works continuously, so the driver always has relevant, real-time information about the quality of the surface they are driving on.
After some improvements, the system will also be able to submit such data as tire wear, pressure, etc. to the on-board computer system using a dedicated 5G link.
A similar feature was introduced at the 2018 Geneva show (see video), however, the 5G part was omitted from the presentation.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Lewis Hamilton participates in testing the new Mercedes-AMG Project One (by watching)
- Ford launches project to produce plastic from coffee bean husks
- Volkswagen Group finds out when EVs will be as affordable as ICE cars
- McLaren developing a brand-new PHEV platform for 2021
- Porsche working on a breakthrough e-AWD system