Giugiaro unveils two-seater e-SUV concept named GFG Style 2030
Giorgetto Giugiaro himself has designed the off-road-capable supercar to show his vision on what such vehicles may look like in the 2030s.
The presentation event took place in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The two-seater coupe/SUV runs on electric power and comes equipped with 22-inch wheels, tall suspension, and AWD. This makes it highly suitable for traversing the deserts of the Arabian Peninsula, the designer says. Its specifications – 540 hp (400 kW) and 3.5 seconds launch time – make it a full-fledged sports car. The maximum speed is somewhat underwhelming at just 200 km/h (124 mph), but this should be offset by the fact that the GFG Style 2030 can hit this mark on virtually any terrain type.
The full-scale premiere of the battery SUV remains scheduled for the 2020 Geneva International Motor Show in March. Perhaps GFG will shed some light on the remaining specs by that time. Then again, we do not know if the model ever makes it into production or remains a pure design study.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Sri Lanka gets a super-EV ready for 2020 Geneva show reveal
- TVR Griffith sports car series is not arriving anytime soon
- Neuron EV adds VEGA e-SUV to its (still non-existent) lineup
- Skoda Vision IN teased with a transparent hood emblem and a glowing crystal inside
- Rumor: Alfa Romeo to celebrate 110 years with an all-new car launch