Video: Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat XR launches in 3.4 s and up to 200 mph
In its SRT Hellcat guise, the iconic Dodge Challenger makes jaws drop as it is. Armed with a 6.2-liter V8 engine, it churns out 717 PS (707 hp, or 527 kW) and 889 Nm (656 lb-ft) of torque. Despite that, AEC set off to make it even stronger.
According to this latest video by AutoTopNL, AEC will be making a grand total of 50 such cars, so make sure to order soon if you are interested.
The tuned-up version is called ‘XR’ and boasts an impressive range of improvements. This includes new turbocharger system, extended ECU tuning, revised gear ratios, overhauled exhaust system, and much more. The net result is 900 PS (888 hp, or 662 kW) and 999 Nm (737 lb-ft) of torque. The car bolts from nothing to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.4 seconds and maxes out close to 320 km/h (200 mph).
What impresses even more than the specs is how monstrous the build looks on the German autobahn highway with no speed limit. Not only does it manage to gain crazy acceleration within seconds, it also produces a deafening engine roar and plenty of tire smoke.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 2019 Opel Corsa F gets attention from H&R Suspensions
- Al Capone himself used to drive this Cadillac Type 34-A Town Sedan
- Roush Performance launches new accessories for the Ford F-150
- Victorian-era Mercedes-AMG G 63 redefines luxury with gold, copper and wood décor
- This Ice Ice Baby Mustang took 4 years to restore