Identity Crisis: Rogue BMW vs. Turncoat Toyota
It’s common knowledge that people modding cars tend to have excellent taste in humor, but this drag race between an E46 BMW M3 and an A90 Toyota Supra really sets a new bar for irony. Don’t miss this video!
The first contender is a BMW M3 in an E46 body. It has little to show for itself aside from some aftermarket wheels, a couple body kit parts and moderately low suspension. But pop the hood, and you’ll notice the glaring absence of the stock inline-six S54. No worries, though; whoever did this more than compensated for it by putting the legendary Toyota Supra 2JZ in its place. The six-cylinder turbo mill received a slight boost to 500 hp (373 kW) and 580 Nm (428 lb-ft) of torque, as well as a sequential transmission.
The other combatant is an A90 Supra… Noticing the pattern already? Yup, the Japanese sports car that is essentially a made-over BMW Z4 with 340 hp (254 kW) and 500 Nm (370 lb-ft) under the hood.
To summarize, what we have here is a highly ironic “identity crisis” race between a Bavarian with a Japanese heart and a Japanese with a Bavarian core. You may think you know which one is going to win, but do yourself a favor and watch the video: it’s worth it start to end.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Devil’s in the Details: Custom Porsche 911 GT2 RS aero kit shaves off 7 secs off North Loop time
- 962HP and a wrap: Nebulus tackles the Audi RS7 Sportback
- Manthey Racing puts the Porsche 911 GT3 RS through Green Hell
- Forgestar Wheels founder boasts the ultimate BMW E30 M3
- Check out this 700-HP Honda S2000 with a funny backstory