Video: Hummer EV goes into Crab Mode
Remember the cryptic Crab Mode GMC announced for its upcoming all-electric Hummer SUV and pickup truck last week? You may now finally learn what it means in practical terms, along with the premiere date of the revived automotive icon.
The short video clearly demonstrates what we had suspected all along: the Hummer EV can move sideways with its wheels only slightly diagonal. The question is whether the feature is standard or paid, and we are going to assume the latter.
The electric GMC Hummer will celebrate its first public appearance on October 20, 2020, and the company says it will launch pre-orders straight after the reveal. The car itself uses a chassis called BT1, which is a tweaked version of the GMT T1XX platform of the Chevrolet Tahoe.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 2021 Cadillac XT4 recognizes its owner’s face
- All-electric Ford F-150 confirmed to double as a mobile power source
- Chevrolet confirms GMC Sierra-style tailgate for Silverado
- Volvo’s Advanced Air Cleaner filters out 95% harmful particles
- Aston Martin unveils a racecar sim priced like an actual racecar